Sunday, October 16, 2011

"STRESSED" is "DESSERTS" spelled backwards.

I know, I know. I've neglected my blog but this was a chaotic week. Beyond chaotic! Not to mention, I was crazy sick with a cold. Germs were all over me like a cheap suit! I guess it didn't help that I was eating ice cream with my caramel sauce every night, but I'm back with a fresh post and some great pictures! 

My niece turned 11 and she had a huge Hawaiian themed birthday party this weekend. I was asked by my sister to make the desserts and after much whining and begging (mainly from me), Carina (my client) and I finally agreed on a dessert bar so people could have options to choose from. I also took the liberty of putting together an impromptu menu so people would know what each dessert consisted of! Of course, the menu was somehow thrown to the side but it was a good idea, in theory.


I busted out 60ish red velvet cheesecake lollipops, 3 dozen s'mores and peanut butter cupcakes, 2 batches of brownies topped with caramel (actually, 4... the first 2 batches didn't make the cut - no pun intended) and a banana cake with strawberry frosting, per the birthday girl's request. I was one tired baker! Perhaps I need an assistant. My niece's dog that is willing to "clean up" the floor when anything spills, doesn't count. Once, I dropped half a cooked chicken breast on the floor and she inhaled it before I could bend over to pick it up! She's tiny but she can eat with the best of them!

Everything went off without a hitch (almost) in spite of the million things that were being cooked and baked in the kitchen. I love watching people eat my culinary treasures while they're ooh-ing and ahh-ing and making yummy noises. That's the best! Plus, my niece and sister were beyond happy with everything! If my heart had a mouth, it would be smiling.

And now, for your stomach's viewing pleasure...







Have a great week everyone! I will be posting a new recipe within the coming days!!!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness, this looks so yummy and gorgeous! Great job on the dessert bar, it looks uber professional.

    ReplyDelete